[Orca-users] Installation issues on Solaris 10

Rajesh Menon rajmen at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:46:31 PST 2008

Hello All,

I am trying to install Orcallator on a Solaris 10 host.
Here are the versions I am using:

RICHPse-3.5.0
orca-snapshot-r535

zlib-1.2.3
libpng-1.2.33
libart_lgpl-2.3.20

Installation went fine. When I run (as root) the start_orcallator script, I get the normal message and I see the orcallator.pid file created, but I don't see the process running. Is that normal?

Then I was a few minutes and run the orca script

/opt/orca/bin/orca -v /opt/orca/etc/orcallator.cfg

and I get the following warning and error:

/opt/orca/bin/orca: warning: no files found for 'find_files' for 'group orcallator' in '/opt/orca/etc/orcallator.cfg'.Current running time is 0:00 minutes./opt/orca/bin/orca: no data files found.  Make sure 'find_files' parameter is set properly.
Any clues? I will appreciate any pointers on this.

Are there any detailed instructions for installation on Solaris?

Thanks,

Raj