[Orca-users] Customize orcallator.se

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed Oct 1 10:53:02 PDT 2008

Hello, Khanh --

If you're using the SE toolkit, take a look at your start_orcallator
script.  I believe you'll find entries in there for WEB_LOG (defining
the path to your apache log) and WEB_SERVER and such.  Then there's a
WATCH_WEB variable.  If you put -DWATCH_WEB in that variable, then the
'nohup' line near the end of the file that actually starts orcallator.se
will monitor your Apache logs.

Mine looks like this:

# WEB_LOG contains the location of the web server log file that
# orcallator.se should read.
WEB_LOG=/var/apache/logs/www.access_log

# WEB_SERVER contains a regular expression used to find the number of
# running non-secure web server processes on the system.
WEB_SERVER=httpd

# WEB_SERVER_SECURE contains a regular expression used to find the
# number of running secure web server processes on the system.
WEB_SERVER_SECURE=httpsd

# WATCH_WEB contains the command line options to SE to tell
# orcallator.se the format of the web server logs.
WATCH_WEB="-DWATCH_WEB"               # For NCSA style access log
#WATCH_WEB="-DWATCH_WEB -DWATCH_PROXY" # For proxy NCSA style access log
#WATCH_WEB="-DWATCH_WEB -DWATCH_SQUID" # For Squid style access log
#WATCH_WEB=""

Cheers,
--Dragon