[Orca-users] Interface speed assumptions

Hudes, Dana hudesd at hra.nyc.gov
Fri Aug 14 09:00:21 PDT 2009

I've got the newer version of Orca (can't seem to find the version
number in any of the files). In the orcallator.cfg used for the server,
I see in the network interface computations the assumption that a
gigabit-capable interface is in fact running at gigabit speed. I have
systems where we don't have enough copper gigabit switch ports and
therefore the interface is running 100 FDX -- and in fact I have one
now, and this maddingly happens because of our network group, which has
autonegotiate mismatched and therefore is at 100HDX (I have had other,
100Mbit interfaces such as hme where they screw up autonegotiate and I
end up with 10HDX).

How do I work around this assumption? We DO have ce interfaces, both old
Sun gigaswift fiber cards and newer copper gigabit ports, which are
running at gigabit speed.

Also missing from the list seems to be nxge, which are the ports on all
our T5240s. Do I just add that to the regex below or do I have to also
update the orcallator.cfg used by RICHPse?
# Interface bits per second for 1 Gbit interfaces.
plot {
title   %g Interface Bits Per Second: $1
source   orcallator
data   1024 * 8 *
((?:(?:bge)|(?:ce)|(?:fjg[ei])|(?:v?ge)|(?:skge)|(?:e1000g)|(?:ipge)|(?:
bnx))\d+)InKB/s
data   1024 * 8 * $1OuKB/s
line_type  area
line_type  line1