[Orca-users] non-programmer here with a question re: mounted disks

A Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Mon Nov 16 14:32:35 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 02:38:02PM -0600, Rick Edwards wrote:
> Now, not being a very good programmer (I know how to do this in PERL, but not
> here), I've tried:
>
>       // Skip Live Upgrade file systems to avoid output format changes as
>       // they are mounted and unmounted.
>       if (tmp_mnt.mnt_mountp =~ "^/.alt/") {
>         continue;
>       }

Took me a minute, but I think your eye may be seeing the slashes as perl
regex delimiters rather than slashes (or filename component
separators).

I read the above as excluding any filesystem named ".alt" exactly.  I
would try leaving off the trailing slash.

"^/.alt"

> In short, I need to be able to omit filesystems that begin with ".alt"
> - don't miss that "dot" at the beginning - that's what is messing me
> up.

I don't know if se treats the dot as a wildcard or not, but I don't
think that's your current problem.

--
Darren