[Orca-users] Segmentation fault - Solaris 10

Dagobert Michelsen dam at baltic-online.de
Tue Jan 12 10:45:48 PST 2010

Hi Dean,

Am 11.01.2010 um 10:42 schrieb Dean Thompson:
> I have installed Orca - 0.27 on a new Sparc system running Solaris
> 10. I have installed the following packages as well, RICHPse-3.5.0,
> gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local, libiconv-1.11-sol10-sparc-local.
> After I have configured Orca for the system according to the same
> standards on our other systems and try to run Orca
> (start_orcallator), I get the following output:
>
> -bash-3.00$ start_orcallator
> Writing data into /data01/orcallator/hostname/
> Starting logging
> Sending output to /export/home/orca/nohup.out
> 5801 Segmentation Fault
>
> I am relatively new to Solaris but have installed Orca successfully
> on numerous other systems running Solaris 10 and it's the first time
> I get a Segmentation Fault.
> Can you please help me resolve this problem? I am not sure where to
> start looking.

This may be
   <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1666111&group_id=189279&atid=928689

Please upgrade to the latest Orca tarball (r535) either from
   http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/
or from OpenCSW.org
   http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/
Using 0.27 is generally discouraged despite the name "stable".

Best regards

   -- Dago