[Orca-users] Problem with Storable in Orca installation

Hudes, Dana hudesd at hra.nyc.gov
Tue Jul 20 15:21:17 PDT 2010

you certainly have a compilation issue which is beyond orca.
which perl are you using?
I recommend either you punt and use the supplied perl with Solaris (in which case you use Sun Studio to compile) or you go with the OpenCSW. The advantage is that you can get precompiled packages for perl modules and more. http://www.opencsw.org
I find it much better than sunfreeware.com

The sunfreeware.com perl is probably comipiled with gcc...but which one? perl -V tells all.
Also you should make sure your version of ExtUtils::XS is at the same or later release data as your copy of storable.
You might want to use the upgrade command of cpan

All this is getting way out of the scope of orca. The perlmonks community offers generic perl help.
www.perlmonks.org<http://www.perlmonks.org>