[Orca-users] ongoing problem with Orca master abend after filling memory (graph)

Hudes, Dana hudesd at hra.nyc.gov
Mon Jun 20 11:31:34 PDT 2011

Is Perl current? RRDtool?
Don't just assume. Check. Not just the packages from opencw, also check against CPAN. I had a similar problem with 'out of memory' errors for a long time due to large number of servers for orca to process, some with very large numbers of orcallator files. In fact, I -still- have some very busy servers whose results can't be processed even on their own.
Eventually, moving to not only Perl 5.10.1 but the current orca AND using solaris 10 with orca as a service to keep things running I no longer have a problem with most of my stuff.