[Orca-users] Help with installing procallator

Bob Lopez Bob.Lopez at aptean.com
Mon Feb 4 17:46:52 PST 2013

So, I just finished getting orca setup and working (yay!) and I could use some help with getting procallator setup on the client machines.

Some history:
We have orca 0.265 setup and running, it has been running for some time and the admin that set it up is no longer with our company.
It has quite a bit of data collected, which we would like to port to the new system however that is not nessicary.
I setup the new system because we moved to a new datacenter and did not move any of the old hardware with us, rather than building a new linux machine and trying to copy the old installation in I decided to build a new machine and install afresh copy of orca.
The new machine is setup using build 0.28.0 (dev 557)
I tried just copying some data in from one of our existing clients and running orca -o <config file> and which I didn't get any errors it did not create html for the new data.

My questions:
1: I would like to deploy the new version of procallator to my client machines however I cannot find any current documentation on how to do that. All of the documentation I can find says to copy the procallator folder over to the new machine and run install.sh, however this install script does not seem to ship with orca anymore. I'm sure this is as easy as copying the procallator over and installing the init scripts however I would like a better idea of just which files need to be copied, I do not want to have to recompile on each client.

2: Is there any way to convert the old data so that the new server can parse it can create the html and the graphs?

Thank you,
BOB LOPEZ | Sr. Systems Engineer, Aptean TradeBeam
T 650-653-7272 | M 408-692-5687
www.Aptean.com<http://www.aptean.com/>  |  www.twitter.com/Aptean<https://twitter.com/Aptean>  |  www.linkedin.com/Aptean<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4541055>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE02FF.5DA714B0]<http://www.aptean.com/>