[Orca-users] Orca install on Solaris 11

Dagobert Michelsen dam at baltic-online.de
Fri Mar 29 14:16:58 PDT 2013

Hi James,

(also sending to orca-users@)

Am 29.03.2013 um 19:33 schrieb "McMullan, James D" <James.D.McMullan at xo.com>:
>  I am having a problem installing the setoolkit-3.5.1. On Solaris 11.1
>
>> The following headers are no longer available on Solaris 11 as cachefs has been dropped:
>>
>> "kstat.c", line 28: cannot find include file: <sys/vmmeter.h>
>> "kstat.c", line 29: cannot find include file: <sys/fs/cachefs_fs.h>
>> "kstat.c", line 30: cannot find include file: <sys/fs/cachefs_fscache.h>
>
> So this is why it is failing my make install. I am talking to the Orca community about it and others have the same issue.

I know, that citation was from my post ;-)

> And the Headers are installed as you see here:
>
> root at pladnaprd01:/opt/setoolkit-3.5.1# pkg info system/header
>          Name: system/header
>      Category: System/Core
>         State: Installed
>     Publisher: solaris
>       Version: 0.5.11
> Build Release: 5.11
>        Branch: 0.175.1.3.0.4.2
> Packaging Date: January  2, 2013 07:28:09 PM
>          Size: 11.09 MB
>          FMRI: pkg://solaris/system/header@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.1.3.0.4.2:20130102T192809Z

This is not sufficient, you also need at least
 pkg:/library/motif

> Any help would be appreciated.

I made the necessary changes to configure-detection:
 https://sourceforge.net/p/setoolkit/git/ci/8b64583c1965bb1626796b9f4bf987a1fb24955c/
Cachefs has been dropped from Solaris 11, so there is no substitute.
For the vmmeter.h I don't know what the correct substitute for Solaris 11 is.

Feel free to try the updated version (3.5.2 is not official yet!) at
 http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~dam/setoolkit-3.5.2.tar.gz
 http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~dam/RICHPse-3.5.2.pkg.gz

After some testing I will release it on the SourceForge download area
and also as OpenCSW package as always.

Best regards

 -- Dago