[Orca-dev] RE: Re[2]: /usr/local/orca/bin/orca: warning: c annot f ork forsendmail: No s uch file or directory

Erik Melander EMelander at wyndham.com
Tue Oct 16 06:38:04 PDT 2001

Yes to all three.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rusty Carruth [mailto:rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 1:55 AM
To: orca-developers at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re[2]: [orca-developers] /usr/local/orca/bin/orca: warning: cannot

Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> If we could replace this with a CPAN module that can send email on Unix
> and Win32 regardless of sendmail/postfix, that would be great.  There's
> a ton of modules in CPAN that contain the word 'Mail' so we'll have to
> look into it and see which is the best to use.

I'm in San Jose (not at home - home is the Phoenix area), reading my
email remotely, with not much time to do mail reading, so I'm kinda
not doing a good job reading mail.  Therefor, this MAY have already
been answered better, and if so I'm sorry....

There, disclaimer outof way, down to business.

I use postfix at home, and there is a sendmail interface that comes
with it so that client programs don't have to know that they are not
using sendmail.

Can we find out what file or directory it wants?  (after all, that's
what the failure says ;-).   I'll take a long shot and ask the following:

if you say 'which sendmail' what does it say?
if you say 'ls -l `which sendmail`' does it look like this:

-rwsr-sr-x   1 root     root        63004 Feb  1  2000 /usr/sbin/sendmail*

if you say 'man sendmail' do you get this:

SENDMAIL(1)                                           SENDMAIL(1)

NAME
       sendmail - Postfix to Sendmail compatibility interface

SYNOPSIS
       sendmail [option ...] [recipient ...]

       mailq
       sendmail -bp

       newaliases
       sendmail -I

DESCRIPTION
       The  sendmail program implements the Postfix to Sendmail
compatibility
       interface.  For the sake of compatibility with existing
applications,
       some   Sendmail  command-line  options  are  recognized  but
silently
       ignored.

rc

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212180.1660613.3195489.1269402/D=egroupweb/S=17050071
81:HM/A=812074/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=b15334027000300
0>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=212180.1660613.3195489.1269402/D=egroupmai
l/S=1705007181:HM/A=812074/rand=157841066>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .