[Orca-dev] Re: Who configures Orca with --with-orcallator-dir

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Oct 10 11:40:05 PDT 2002

chingmd_622 wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I'm a recent new user of orcallator.  I do like being able to specify
> an output dir for the orcallator files.  It helps to keep the $prefix
> arena clean of anything but binaries.
>
> In my multi-platform/version environment, each platform as it's
> own /usr/local tree.  Therefore all the data files needs to be in a
> common area that is easily accessible by all machines independent of
> the OS.
>
> Please keep it. )
>
> I used --with-rrd-dir    --with-orcallator-dir    --with-html-dir
> (duh)    as well as   --prefix
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm replacing --with-orcallator-dir with --with-var-dir, so you'll
have the same capability to specify where the directories go.

With --with-var will point at one directory above the orcallator dir.
So normally, you would have

--with-orcallator-dir=/var/orca/orcallator

and now you would use

--with-var-dir=/var/orca

and the installation for orcallator implicitly adds the last 'orcallator'
to get the same location.

This causes problems if you don't have the last directory named orcallator,
but I did it since Orca will have more than one data measurement tool
and I wanted to have all the data in one place.