[Orca-dev] Help adding 2.6 kernel patches?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Jul 13 22:32:40 PDT 2005

C. L. Villani wrote:
> Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to y'all; I've
> been out of town and (blessedly) away from the internet.
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:08:45AM -0300, Guilherme Chehab wrote:
>
>>I have updated procallator to support kernel 2.6 a few
>>weeks ago, the new version (0.3) is available in the
>>subversion repository.
>

> Thanks, Guilherme.
>

>>That way, I stripped out of the code the old
>>way to collect this data and rewrote it as a new
>>feature for 2.6 only kernels (which have actually this
>>information available).
>

> As Blair notes, I don't see these changes in the subversion
> repository here:
>    http://www.orcaware.com/svn/repos/trunk/orca/data_gatherers/procallator/procallator.pl.in
>
> although I *do* see your checkins noted on orca-checkins here:
>    http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/orca-checkins/2005-July/000317.html

Yes, they were checked into the incorrect location in the Subversion
repository.

> I can add the patch by cutting-and-pasting from the orca-checkins
> email, I think, but does anyone know why it's not showing up in the
> main repository?  Am I looking in the wrong spot?

You could try to merge that one commit from the tag over to the trunk or
just check out that specific revision of the repository that had the
commit and copy the files over.  This is what Guilherme is doing,
although he's pretty busy.

> BTW, We love Orcaware.  It's really useful.  Also, thanks for
> writing the 2.6 patches.

Thanks!

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion and Orca training and consulting
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/