[Orca-dev] File Creation?

C. L. Villani clynne at ofb.net
Tue Jul 26 19:23:40 PDT 2005

The changenotes for the recent version of procallator
say:
  >> 0.03 ...
  >>    - Multiple files per day if number of columns of the output changes

What I'm actually seeing is that we get multiple files per day
*regardless* of whether the output columns change.  For example, right
now, $INTERVAL is set to 300, and sure enough, I get a new file every
five minutes.

Additionally, if I stop and start procallator on the same day,
it starts over again with -001, clobbering all of my previous
data.  It throws an error telling me it's not going to overwrite
the data, but either way I'm still losing data if I stop and
start on the same day.

I'm going to poke through the code and see if I can solve
this, but I wanted to let y'all know, as well, in case there's
any good suggestions?

Thanks.

Connie-Lynne Villani
clynne at ofb.net