[Orca-dev] Subversion repository moved

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Mar 18 09:46:08 PST 2005

Hello,

The main orcaware.com server has been upgraded from RedHat 9 to the
testing branch of Debian and also is on a T1 (thanks to a friend of mine
who owns a small ISP) instead of a slow DSL line.  So everybody should
be much happier.

On RedHat 9 I was maintaining an Apache 1.3.x server for hosting
webpages on port 80 and an Apache 2.0.x server on port 8000 for serving
Subversion.  Because the Debian box is now only Apache 2.0.53, I've put
everything on port 80 including Subversion and have retired the
svn.orcaware.com name.

If you have checked out any working copies of Orca, you'll need to
update the working copy to the new URL for the Subversion repository.
You'll need the existing URL you used to check it out.  Because I was
hosting Subversion on port 8000 and a proxy from port 80 to 8000, you
may have checked it out using different URLs.  The easy way to get the
URL is

    cd to_the_top_dir_of_your_working_copy
    svn info | grep ^URL:

This will give you the URL that you checked out.  Most likely it'll be
something like

    http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/.../...

followed by some more path stuff.

You'll now want to copy this URL into the following command line, making
sure to stop copying the URL in your working copy at '/trunk' so that
the two URLs match:

    svn switch --relocate \
        http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk
        http://www.orcaware.com/svn/repos/trunk

Then try running svn update.  It should work just fine.

Let me know if you have any issues with this.