[Orca-dev] Simple question (I hope)

Kai Siering wusel+yahoo at uu.org
Fri Sep 16 00:44:37 PDT 2005

David Michaels wrote:

> This question has to do with how Orca handles data changes mid-stream.
> E.g., if a new mountpoint appears, does Orca expect for a new datafile
> (with a new header) to be generated, or can it handle the injection of a
> new header line in the middle of the file?

 From my experience, it expects a new datafile with a new header, the
header is only read and expected once: in the very first line --
that's the way orcallator works for quite some time (adding -000 and
counting up) and recent procallator, too.
			kai

Kai 'wusel' Siering                       eMail @ home: wusel at uu.org
Traveller on the Information Highway doing full-time administration.
                »Do, wat Du wullt, de Lüüd snakt doch.«
Asterisk @ Home: FWD #476654 / +1-360-227-5028 / +49-2222-948-000847