[Orca-users] intervals and RRDs

Duncan Lawie duncanl at demon.net
Tue Aug 24 01:40:27 PDT 1999

From: Duncan Lawie <duncanl at demon.net>

Hi,

I have orca running for a set of systems.  orcallator is running on each

system with the default 300 second interval.  However, the data produced

is only rsynched to the web server every twenty minutes.  To avoid the
"file not current" message, I have set the interval in orcallator.cfg to

1200 i.e. 20 minutes.

I am now concerned about an earlier message concerning RRD and missing
data points.

> You also now have the problem that the RRD file is interpolating
> your data to 500 second intervals and you're recording every 600
> seconds.  This can cause some missing data in the RRD file.  If
> you don't have too much data, you may want to delete the RRD files
> and have them record new data.  If this doesn't work, you can do
> a dump of the file and create a new RRD file.  I don't know how
> to do this however.  This may be a good question for the rrd
> tool mailing list.

Is this relevant to this case?

Am I better off setting the late_interval value to interval + 950?

Cheers,

Duncan.

--
Duncan Lawie
duncanl at demon.net
Tel: 020 8371 1057
MIS - Demon Internet

"The _bless_ operator simply uses the reference in order to find the
thingy."
Programming Perl p292.

Congratulations to Susan Davis!
ONElist’s final FRIENDS&FAMILY WINNER!
Stay tuned for exciting new contests, sweepstakes & more at ONElist!