[Orca-users] problem: Too many files

Duncan Lawie duncanl at demon.net
Wed Sep 15 01:49:33 PDT 1999

From: Duncan Lawie <duncanl at demon.net>

Hi,

I found the file descriptor problem below, and would recommend a brief note being added to the documentation.  I'm actually
starting orca with an rc2 script, so I've put my
ulimit -n 256
in there.

My current question is actually whether there are too many files altogether.  I have taken to deleting percollator files
more than a week old as the information has all gone into the RRDs.  However, this means that orca gets unhappy about old
files that have gone missing.

Is there any need to keep old source text files longer than a week (assuming my RRDs are safely backed up) ?

Cheers,
Duncan.

--
Duncan Lawie
duncanl at demon.net
MIS - Demon Internet

"The _bless_ operator simply uses the reference in order to find the thingy."
Programming Perl p292.

  New!!  Free E-mail @mail.com, @usa.com, @engineer.com and more!
Mail.com makes it easy to set up a free, personalized e-mail address
           that you can access anytime and anywhere.
                http://www.onelist.com/ad/mailcom1