[Orca-users] Re: problem: Too many files

Blair Zajac bzajac at geostaff.com
Wed Sep 15 11:31:57 PDT 1999

I have already put documentation for the 256 file descriptor problem into
Orca.  It would be handy if there was a rlimit module for Perl, but I
did not find one on CPAN.

I would keep the percollator.se files around, since the next version of
Orca will need to reread them.  However, if you want to compress them
using gzip -9, then go ahead.  I can send a version of Orca that handles
compressed percol-* files.

Blair