[Orca-users] Monitoring more than one host in real time

gdallair at criq.qc.ca gdallair at criq.qc.ca
Fri Apr 7 08:08:36 PDT 2000

Hi,

ORCA really looks like a great tool. I'm presently looking for a tool
to monitor two solaris hosts (oracle database and oracle
web/application servers)

Before I take the plunge and download and install orca, I would like
to know if:

a) Does Orca uses a LOT of CPU and I/O because it will be installed
on one of the monitored machine (Does it itself affect the
performance of the machine ?)

b) Can ORCA be installed on a single machine and monitor a remote
machine ? If so, how (Do I have to transfer files accross machines on
a regular basis ?) I would also like to publish the two machine
graphs on a single web server

c) Can orcollator.se easily monitor the oracle web application
server ? I'm not familliar with se. (Oracle application server has an
xlf log)

Thanks a lot

@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from mypoints.com Install now: