[Orca-users] Performance issue with RSYNC'ing data and Orca 0.26beta1

Sean O'Neill sean.oneill at appnet.com
Tue Apr 25 07:23:04 PDT 2000

Hey Blair,

I remember a while back (at least I think I remember) you saying
something about the atime field of the inode for gzip'd orca data files
being used to determine if the gzip file needs to be read by the
/usr/local/bin/orca perl script.

Well, if this is what I remember, I have finally noticed this atime
field effecting the overall performance of Orca when it is using rsync'd files.

Do you know where in the Orca perl files that this atime (or whatever is
causing the rsync'd gzip files to be gunzip'd everything Orca loops) is
used to determine when Orca needs to re-read the gzip'd files is?  I'm
hoping to update the code to make it unnecessary for Orca to have to
re-read the gzip'd file.

-------
Sean O'Neill
AppNet, Inc.