[Orca-users] Re: I found a bug - I think

Peter Radcliffe pir at pir.net
Sat Apr 29 08:35:56 PDT 2000

Wrapping at something under 76 columns is usually considered polite.

Sean O'Neill <sean.oneill at appnet.com> probably said:
> 1a) Orca is generating references in the index.html for the qfe
> interfaces that are not plumbed though.  Blair, is this expected?
> qfe5 and qfe6, unplumbed inactive interfaces, shows graphs for
> Packets/sec and Errors/sec even though the data always zero.  Oddly,
> qfe7 doesn't have any graphs at all.

orca will generate references to whatever interfaces SE/orcallator.se tells
it about.

> 3) The real problem occurs in the Available Targets section of the
> index.html.  If I click on the Daily link for the system with the 6
> active interfaces, I get the page as expected except I only get a
> "Bits per Second" graph for the hme0 interface.  None of the qfe
> interfaces have a "Bits per Second" graph.  At the top of the page,
> there also isn't a link for "Bits per Second" for any of the qfe
> interfaces.  Note that the graph are being generated though.  See #2
> above.  The "Packets per Second" and "Error per Second" show up as
> normal for all the interface (hme0 and the qfe's).

Edit orcallator.cfg, look for the KB/sec sections and add in ones for
the qfe devices you want to graph. By default qfe devices don't have
bits/sec generated, but I don't know if the driver gives the
information (the qe drier does not, but since the qfe stuff is basicly
hme and newer, it should).

P.

pir                  pir at pir.net                    pir at net.tufts.edu