[Orca-users] I found a bug - I think

Sean O'Neill sean.oneill at appnet.com
Sat Apr 29 07:43:09 PDT 2000

I recently installed Orca 0.26beta1 on a system with an hme interface (hme0) and two quad cards with five of the qfe ports active (qfe0 through qfe4).

What I'm seeing is the following:

1) On the Orca generated index.html page, I see all the pages you normally see for a combination of all interfaces found on all systems being monitored.  Specifically:
  - Bits per second
  - Packets per second
  - Errors per second

1a) Orca is generating references in the index.html for the qfe interfaces that are not plumbed though.  Blair, is this expected?  qfe5 and qfe6, unplumbed inactive interfaces, shows graphs for Packets/sec and Errors/sec even though the data always zero.  Oddly, qfe7 doesn't have any graphs at all.

2) If I click on the Daily link for Bits/sec, Packets/sec, Errors/sec graphs for any of the interfaces (hme0, qfe0, qfe1, etc) , I always gets something.  Except for qfe7 (see 1a just above).

3) The real problem occurs in the Available Targets section of the index.html.  If I click on the Daily link for the system with the 6 active interfaces, I get the page as expected except I only get a "Bits per Second" graph for the hme0 interface.  None of the qfe interfaces have a "Bits per Second" graph.  At the top of the page, there also isn't a link for "Bits per Second" for any of the qfe interfaces.  Note that the graph are being generated though.  See #2 above.  The "Packets per Second" and "Error per Second" show up as normal for all the interface (hme0 and the qfe's).

Has anyone else seen this?

-------
Sean O'Neill
AppNet, Inc.