[Orca-users] installation of orca

"MERT ÖZGÜNEŞ" mozgunes at ykb.com
Mon Jan 3 00:51:31 PST 2000

From: =?iso-8859-9?Q?=22MERT_=D6ZG=DCNE=DE=22?= <mozgunes at ykb.com>

Mr. Zajac,

I had sent you another mail before if you remember so i am still trying to
install ORCA in our UNIX machine.

According to your instructions, I first installed a precompiled version of
PERL 5.005_003 then installed

GCC 2.95 and run CONFIGURE as 3rd step. At that step it gives error about
the modules in the 4th step

saying 'CANT LOCATE STRICT.PM'. Ignoring that i moved on to the 4th step
and run 'make modules'

but it was impossible.I couldnt really understand what you mean by that
command. Where should i find that

make.exe ? What does modules mean? Is it a parameter or should i write
there the name of the modules?

I also tried 'perl makefile.pl' but it also gave error as 'CANT LOCATE
STRICT.PM'.

So I searched for that strict.pm and it was there on a directory that my
perl package built.

Do you have any idea about what problem  may be?

Thanks for your help.

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.