[Orca-users] Re: installation of orca

D.C.Lawie duncanl at demon.net
Wed Jan 5 05:19:25 PST 2000

It looks like a problem with your perl installation.

try

perl -V

This gives a list of the directories in @INC.  Your strict.pm should be in one
of these directories - as should pretty much the rest of your installed perl.
If it isn't, check over the installation process for perl.  If that all seems
wrong perhaps the precompiled version is itself broken.

Cheers,
Duncan.

"MERT ÖZGÜNEÞ" wrote:

> From: =?iso-8859-9?Q?=22MERT_=D6ZG=DCNE=DE=22?= <mozgunes at ykb.com>
>
> Mr. Zajac,
>
> I had sent you another mail before if you remember so i am still trying to
> install ORCA in our UNIX machine.
>
> According to your instructions, I first installed a precompiled version of
> PERL 5.005_003 then installed
>
> GCC 2.95 and run CONFIGURE as 3rd step. At that step it gives error about
> the modules in the 4th step
>
> saying 'CANT LOCATE STRICT.PM'. Ignoring that i moved on to the 4th step
> and run 'make modules'
>
> but it was impossible.I couldnt really understand what you mean by that
> command. Where should i find that
>
> make.exe ? What does modules mean? Is it a parameter or should i write
> there the name of the modules?
>
> I also tried 'perl makefile.pl' but it also gave error as 'CANT LOCATE
> STRICT.PM'.
>
> So I searched for that strict.pm and it was there on a directory that my
> perl package built.
>
> Do you have any idea about what problem  may be?
>
> Thanks for your help.

> Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
>         You can even make money by referring friends.

D.C. Lawie
duncanl at demon.net
MIS - Demon Internet

"I have an asteroid named after me.  Isaac Asimov's got one
too. It's smaller and more eccentric." -- Arthur C. Clarke 1999

  Hey Freelancers:  Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.

and reply to the confirmation email we send you.