[Orca-users] constant error messages from one machine.

bsirinek at cme.com bsirinek at cme.com
Tue Jan 4 13:42:42 PST 2000

From: bsirinek at cme.com

I'm running orca v0.25 and orcallator.se v1.20 on about 20 machines now.
Everything is working fine, except I have one problem..

One of the machines in the group keeps sending me a mail saying:

Orca: file `/usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/nbmpr1/percol-2000-01-04' was
current and now is not.

I've checked the following things:
- The machine was not rebooted
- The machine did not otherwise lose network connectivity
- The orcallator process was not stopped
- The time on this box is in sync within a fraction of a second with the
orca server (from which it mounts /usr/local)

I get about 10-15 of these mails a day, and only from this one machine.

In a possibly related issue, I get that mail once a night, right after
midnight from EVERY machine I have orcallator running on. I know its because
of the log turning over, but is there anyway I can stop it besides running
orca with the -o option every 10 minutes or disabling the mail part?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bill

Bill Sirinek
Open Systems Engineer
30 S. Wacker Dr.  9th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 930-8151
http://apdv1.chicago.cme.com/~bsirinek

  Hey Freelancers:  Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.