[Orca-users] collecting data across multiple hosts

jlizier at mail.usyd.edu.au jlizier at mail.usyd.edu.au
Thu Jan 6 02:45:16 PST 2000

To the Orcallators:
I have successfully installed orca and orcallator.se
on a single host and they are running quite nicely.
I would like however, to collate data across multiple
hosts and have this all displayed from a central web site,
as demonstrated at the example site:
http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~blair/orca/orca-example/
My problem is that I cannot find a mechanism in orca
to do this. From the supplied documentation, I know that
I need to run orcallator.se on every single host, and I get
the impression that I only need to run a sinlge orca on the
host where I wish the web site to be.
My first thought was that orca might go looking to these
other hosts to grab the orcallator.se data from them, but
if such a mechanism exists then I cannot find it.
My next thought is that the orcallator.se data files are
required to be manually pushed to the host which has orca
running (perhaps by regular ftp's), and placed into
separate directories for each host (which would be automatically
detected by matching the find files regular expression in the
orca config script).
Thus my question is whether there is an inbuilt mechanism
for this task which I have not found, or does one have to
manually transfer files from other hosts to the orca host.
Thanks very much,
Joe Lizier

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.