[Orca-users] Re: collecting data across multiple hosts

D.C.Lawie duncanl at demon.net
Thu Jan 6 03:34:07 PST 2000

Hi,

your second idea is the correct one.  Blair suggests nfs mounting the relevant
directory to the orca host.  I use rsync ( http://rsync.samba.org ), which we
use for a fair bit of file-pushing, running from the cron.  ftp working from
the cron would do the same job.

However you transfer the files,  orca will happily pile them all into one web
tree as long as the data files are collected into the directory tree suitably.

e.g.

/var/orca/orcallator/host1/percol....
/var/orca/orcallator/host2/percol....

HTH,
Duncan.

--
D.C. Lawie
duncanl at demon.net
MIS - Demon Internet

"I have an asteroid named after me.  Isaac Asimov's got one
too. It's smaller and more eccentric." -- Arthur C. Clarke 1999

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.