[Orca-users] RE: quick question about startup

Adam Levin alevin at audible.com
Thu Jan 20 08:28:11 PST 2000

From: Adam Levin <alevin at audible.com>

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Paul Walsh wrote:
> I think it depends on what you have set find_files to in your cfg file.  If
> there are a number of files in the directory they will all get processed,
> though (and I'm only guessing here) I think they get skipped on subsequent
> runs of orca (presumably the statefile is used to keep track of what data
> has been processed?)
> Have a look at 0rca-0.25/orcallator/orcallator.cfg.  It will need tailoring
> to suit you directory structure but you should get the idea.

I'm just using the default configuration, with the /var/adm/sa directories
from my servers NFS mounted to the machine running Orca.  It seems like it
isn't processing all of the back data.  I'm still looking into it, and
unfortunately this morning our T1 to the production servers went down, so
I'm kind of stuck now.

Thanks for the quick response.

-Adam

Adam Levin, Senior Unix Systems Administrator | http://www.audible.com/
Audible, Inc.           The man gave a shrug which indicated that although
Wayne, NJ, USA          the world did indeed have many problems, this
973-890-4070 x297       was one of them that was not his.

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.