[Orca-users] Re: number of columns XX does not match

Charles Dennett charles.dennett at kodak.com
Thu Mar 9 04:35:45 PST 2000

From: Charles Dennett <charles.dennett at kodak.com>

Hmmm.  Yesterday I had to add another disk to one of my systems.
Immediatley, I got a similar message and the graphs stopped
being updated for this system.  I had heard about this situation when
the
columns change in the data file and figured everything would
resume at midnight.  Well, it did.  The graphs restarted for this
system at midnight, but not quite as I expected.  The new disk did not
appear in the Disk Run Percent graph.  I now have 2 graphs each
of the Disk Space percent Usage and Disk Inode Percent Usage graphs.

--
Charlie Dennett
Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, NY

Blair Zajac wrote:

> From: Blair Zajac <blair at akamai.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> Orca does not currently handle source data files that change the
> number or names of their columns.  Orca will load the next
> day's data just fine.
>
> Future revisions of Orca will be handle this case.  There's no
> need to reinstall Orca.
>
> Blair
>
> bhostetler at iprint.com wrote:
>
> > From: bhostetler at iprint.com
> >
> > I suspect this error is caused by upgrading my cfg file to the
> > latest version.
> >
> > ./bin/orca: number of columns in line 41 of `/usr/
> > local/orca/var/orca/orcallator/host/percol-2000-03-08' does not
> match
> > column description.
> >
> > I scanned through the archives and didn't find anything. Do I need
> > reinstall orca?

eGroups eLerts!
It’s easy. It’s fun. Best of all, it’s free.
http://click.egroups.com/1/2072/5/_/_/_/952605347/