[Orca-users] gigabit problems

Adam Levin alevin at audible.com
Fri Mar 10 08:29:37 PST 2000

From: Adam Levin <alevin at audible.com>

I've got a machine with two gigabit cards plus the internal 100BaseT
interface.  I'm only using one of the gigabit cards (it happens to be
ge1).  The other gigabit (ge0) and the hme0 are unplumbed.

I've got Orca 0.25 and orcallator.se 1.23 with the netif.se and kstat.se
patches.

When I try to run percol start, I get:
[11:25:36]root at lincoln:/root$ /etc/init.d/percol start
Web server orcollator is bubbling, to view data get Orca from
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/4996/
common http log and all OS monitoring enabled, config for proxy or squid
[11:25:45]root at lincoln:/root$ Fatal: subscript: 1 out of range for:
GLOBAL_net[1]: Near line 3383

I tried plumbing the ge0 and hme0 interfaces and leaving them down.  Then
I got:
[11:25:36]root at lincoln:/root$ /etc/init.d/percol start
Web server orcollator is bubbling, to view data get Orca from
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/4996/
common http log and all OS monitoring enabled, config for proxy or squid
[11:25:45]root at lincoln:/root$ Fatal: subscript: 2 out of range for:
GLOBAL_net[2]: Near line 3383

I unplumbed them again, and the error was still there with subscript 2 out
of range (it didn't fall back to subscript 1 out of range).

Any advice?

Thanks,
-Adam

Adam Levin, Senior Unix Systems Administrator | http://www.audible.com/
Audible, Inc.           The man gave a shrug which indicated that although
Wayne, NJ, USA          the world did indeed have many problems, this
973-890-4070 x297       was one of them that was not his.

Sign up for the latest technology news from PC World.com!
Sign up today for PC World's email newsletters.
FREE and easy-to-digest, these daily emails give you everything from
breaking technology news, to top product reviews and hot new shareware!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2206/5/_/_/_/952705779/