[Orca-users] Re: gigabit problems

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Fri Mar 10 11:06:28 PST 2000

The problem your having seems to be familar to the one posted on
March 6th.  Does the message below help?

Blair

From: "Johnny Mastin" <john.mastin at bms.com>

I found out what was going on here.  se checks for all interfaces,
whether they are fired or not.  On this box, I had 9 interfaces.
When I added the gigabit ethernet workarounds, it bumped it to 11.
Well, it didn't increment MAX_IF to 12, se kept it at 10.  This is
a built-in that can be modified on the command line.  So, I changed
the command line in start_orcallator to include -DMAX_IF=11 and she
worked like a charm!

If you want to find out what the limits are set at run this se script:

  main()
  {
    printf("MAX_DISK = %d\n", MAX_DISK);
    printf("MAX_IF   = %d\n", MAX_IF);
    printf("MAX_CPU  = %d\n", MAX_CPU);
    printf("MAX_INTS = %d\n", MAX_INTS);
  }

Johnny

PS: Special thanks go out to Rich Pettit, who pointed me in the
right direction!