[Orca-users] Re: gigabit problems

Adam Levin alevin at audible.com
Fri Mar 10 11:18:18 PST 2000

From: Adam Levin <alevin at audible.com>

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Blair Zajac wrote:
> From: Blair Zajac <blair at akamai.com>
> The problem your having seems to be familar to the one posted on
> March 6th.  Does the message below help?
>
> From: "Johnny Mastin" <john.mastin at bms.com>
> I found out what was going on here.  se checks for all interfaces,
> whether they are fired or not.  On this box, I had 9 interfaces.
> When I added the gigabit ethernet workarounds, it bumped it to 11.
> Well, it didn't increment MAX_IF to 12, se kept it at 10.  This is
> a built-in that can be modified on the command line.  So, I changed
> the command line in start_orcallator to include -DMAX_IF=11 and she
> worked like a charm!

I saw this message in the archives, and I guess I should have mentioned
that -- sorry.  This isn't the case for me because we only have three
interfaces total in the machine, two gigabit and one hme.  Only one
interface is actually up, so I guess I could add the code to ignore the
other interfaces.

-Adam

Adam Levin, Senior Unix Systems Administrator | http://www.audible.com/
Audible, Inc.           The man gave a shrug which indicated that although
Wayne, NJ, USA          the world did indeed have many problems, this
973-890-4070 x297       was one of them that was not his.

Sign up for the latest technology news from PC World.com!
Sign up today for PC World's email newsletters.
FREE and easy-to-digest, these daily emails give you everything from
breaking technology news, to top product reviews and hot new shareware!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2206/5/_/_/_/952715902/