[Orca-users] Re: page scan rate always zero -- sar says otherwise (Solaris 2.5.1)

Rick Tessner rick at dingle.myra.com
Fri Mar 24 07:50:20 PST 2000

From: Rick Tessner <rick at dingle.myra.com>

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:16:13 PST, Blair Zajac wrote:

>From: Blair Zajac <blair at akamai.com>
>
>I'm seeing the same thing on my Solaris 2.5.1 systems.
>
>You may want to email the SE mailing list for help at
>
>se-feedback at chessie.eng.sun.com

Good Morning All,

I haven't contacted the SE folk yet (still trying to figure out SE and
put together a little test script), but I did find something interesting ...

One of the example SE scripts, vmstat.se, does show the proper page
scan rate (/opt/RICH*/bin/se vmstat.se -- the "sr" column).  The
"vmstat.se" uses the "vmstat" structure rather than "p_vmstat".

The "vmstat" structure seems to work under both Solaris 2.5.1 and
2.6 (don't know about 7).

Does anyone out there know what the difference between the p_vmstat & vmstat
structures are and why p_vmstat is used over vmstat?

Rick Tessner	rick at myra.com
MYRA Systems Corp. Fone: (250) 381 1335 x125  Phax: (250) 381 1304
                   Cell: (250) 885 9452

"If you can't think of something nice to say, come sit beside me."

@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from mypoints.com Install now:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2345/7/_/_/_/953913025/