[Orca-users] Re: page scan rate always zero -- sar says otherwise (Solaris 2.5.1)

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Fri Mar 24 10:08:33 PST 2000

I think I found the problem.  In SE for Solaris 2.5.1 the p_vmstat
object has an "int scan" structure and in SE for Solaris 2.6 and
above it is a "double scan".  So the printf is failing for the
Solaris 2.5.1.  I haven't tried this yet, but the fix is simple,
change

  put_output("scanrate", sprintf("%8.3f", pvm.scan));

  put_output("scanrate", sprintf("%8.3f", (double) pvm.scan));

Let me know how this works.

Regarding p_vmstat versus vmstat, p_vmstat is an abstraction
around a lot of data and provides the number of XXX's per
second.  The vmstat and other data structures just provide
a count.  The p_* classes will take the count before and
after a time interval and divide the count difference by
the interval to get the rate......

Blair