[Orca-users] RE: ORCA/MRTG

Shaw, Richard K richard_k_shaw at groton.pfizer.com
Thu Nov 2 08:58:49 PST 2000

Jason,

Just use a NFS mount as your Orca bin/data repository etc.
I currently have ~138 systems writing to one data directory,
reading one cfg file and using one installation of SE.

Here are the lines you need to modify in your S99percol script.

OUTDIR=/net/<serverx>/orca/data/`hostname`; export OUTDIR
..
..
SE=/net/<serverx>/scripts/RICHPse/bin/se
# use Blair's extended collator rather than percollator
PC=/net/<serverx>/scripts/prod/orcallator.se

I run one orca process on <serverx> ( uses a 248 Mhz CPU 100% on an E3500)
These are all 2.6 system - I am looking at rolling out on Solaris 8 systems.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Rich

Richard Shaw