[Orca-users] Re: How to preserve old orca data when you change the installation directory?

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Thu Nov 9 18:19:05 PST 2000

Hello Shibu,

I presume by now that you moved your installation, but in case you
haven't:

I wouldn't worry too much about loosing any data, since Orca will
reload all of the orcallator.se output files after you move them.
Orca will always reload the data since it caches information for the
original location of the data files and will need to regenerate the
cached data for the new location of the source data files.  This may
take some time, but it'll only happen once.

The way to make sure you don't loose any data is to not delete your
RRD files.  If you loose these then they will have to be regenerated
and if you also deleted the orcallator.se output files, then there's
no way to regenerate the old data and have plots for the older time
period.