[Orca-users] Newbie user, advanced installation

geoff at tripeze.com geoff at tripeze.com
Tue Nov 28 08:08:31 PST 2000

Hi,

Our senior sysadmin is gone for a month, and he was the one who setup
and maintains orca.

We're running one on a Solaris box, and the graph I need is rather
simple.

A log has 2 numbers in it. Every 5 mins, I want it to graph those 2
numbers, regardless of the log being updated or not. Eg:

1 3
1 2
2 1

So I found the orcallator.cfg and added this:

group Monitor_Test {
find_files /export/data/src/scripts/perf/monitor.orca
column_description      Time
LCL
date_source             column_name Date
date_format             %s
interval                300
}

plot {
title                   Test Monitor
source                  Monitor_Test
data                    Status
data                    Status 2
legend                  Status
legend                  Status 2
y_legend                Date
}

The rest of the file is huge with many other groups. Now I know the
above has mistakes etc, which is fine - I'll fix them. But I can't
get anything new to show up. What else do I need to do to tell orca
to read the new group?

Geoff

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/5/_/804404/_/975427713/