[Orca-users] Re: "interval" in orcallator.cfg

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Mon Oct 30 20:37:38 PST 2000

If your data gathering tool uses a 10 minute interval, then ideally
the `interval' in your Orca configuration file should also be 10
minutes.

I don't know all of the issues surrounding using a smaller `interval'
value than the interval in which the measurements are made, but I
don't recommend doing it.  There may be issues where RRD will calculate
the wrong consolidated values, etc.  This would be a good question
for the RRDtool mailing list.

While the main Orca code doesn't intrinsically use a 5 minute
`interval', all of the default plot time ranges and number of
measurements needed for the time span are based on a 5 minute
`interval'.  Look in lib/Orca/Constants.pm to see these values.  Orca
scales the the number of measurements in the time span (e.g. daily time
span) to the `interval' value to keep the total time span length the
same.