[Orca-users] Re: Apache Logfiles separated with cronolog

Blair Zajac blair at gps.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 10 10:22:25 PDT 2001

Hello,

Orcallator.se is designed to watch one specific log file name.  It
doesn't match globs.

Not knowing exactly what cronolog does, but guessing that it saves the
logs to a filename containing the current date, you'll have to patch
orcallator.se to have it watch for new access logs with a particular
date string in it.  You may be able to set up a symlink from access.log
to the current filename and when a new log file is generated, move the
symlink.

Most people log to access.log and cut the log to a new filename.  This
is the behavior orcallator.se is designed for to monitor web server
traffic.  It'll read access.log and if it sees a new inode for the
filename or the file gets smaller, it reopens access.log and continues
processing.

Blair