[Orca-users] Not reporting I/O wait under 2.6?

Nick Steel. (lists) mrlist at noid.org
Tue Nov 20 00:21:40 PST 2001

I've got Oracallator v1.28 running on 6 E6500's. 2 boxes are running Sol8,
the remaining 4 are running Sol 2.6. The collection and graphing box is
running v0.264

It doesn't look like orcallator.se is recording IO wait properly on the 2.6
systems, but its reporting it properly on the boxes running Sol 8 which are
running the same version of orcallator.

On the 2.6 systems wio shows up as an obviously wrong number, usually in the
0.5 - 1.0 % range. The Sol 8 systems show a more realistic number of 10 -
25%. I've backed these numbers up with sar to make sure that the 2.6 boxes
are actually seeing IO wait time.

As a sanity check, I switched over to v1.32 on one of the 2.6 systems but
that didn't change anything.

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

- Nick