[Orca-users] Re: Not reporting I/O wait under 2.6?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Nov 20 00:27:17 PST 2001

"Nick Steel. (lists)" wrote:

> I've got Oracallator v1.28 running on 6 E6500's. 2 boxes are running Sol8,
> the remaining 4 are running Sol 2.6. The collection and graphing box is
> running v0.264
>
> It doesn't look like orcallator.se is recording IO wait properly on the 2.6
> systems, but its reporting it properly on the boxes running Sol 8 which are
> running the same version of orcallator.
>
> On the 2.6 systems wio shows up as an obviously wrong number, usually in the
> 0.5 - 1.0 % range. The Sol 8 systems show a more realistic number of 10 -
> 25%. I've backed these numbers up with sar to make sure that the 2.6 boxes
> are actually seeing IO wait time.
>
> As a sanity check, I switched over to v1.32 on one of the 2.6 systems but
> that didn't change anything.
>
> Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Nick

Nick,

I haven't seen this problem myself.

Which version of SE are you using on the 2.6 hosts?  Can you try the
other example SE scripts and see if they generate the same types of
data?

Orcallator.se uses the SE supplied classes to get this information, so I'm
guessing right now its an issue with SE.

Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> - Perl & sysadmin services for hire