[Orca-users] Re: Not reporting I/O wait under 2.6?

Nick Steel. (lists) mrlist at noid.org
Tue Nov 20 01:56:46 PST 2001

Hi Blair -

> Nick,
>
> I haven't seen this problem myself.
>
> Which version of SE are you using on the 2.6 hosts?  Can you try the
> other example SE scripts and see if they generate the same types of
> data?

I'm using setoolkit 3.2.1 on all the hosts.

I had a dig through the examples and contribs and didn't find any scripts
that explicitly show wio.What I did was modify cpustats.se a bit.
cpustats.se calculated idle by adding wait_time + idle_time together. I
added a couple more cols to its output to list wait_time and idle_time
individually. I've had a look at the output on both a Sol8 and Sol6 and it
looks like its reporting it properly in that its reporting wait_time higher
than what the orcallator script is showing.

I had a poke through the percol files and verified that orcallator.se is
writing out the wrong data.

One thing that's intersting (and I'm not quite sure what to make of this but
I thought itw as worth mentioning. I modified orcallator.se 1.28 on one of
the Sol8 boxes to only look at cpu stats and gave it a very short refresh
rate and ran it from commant line and the numbers it put out looked right.
When I tried the same thing on a couple of the 2.6 boxes, I did not get any
output at all. I'm begining to wonder if se could be broken on the 2.6
boxes? Although  the rest of the se scripts in examples/ run without any
problems.

A very confused
- Nick