[Orca-users] Re: Mimicking ORCA data gathering on IBM AIX

EMelander at wyndham.com EMelander at wyndham.com
Fri Oct 5 12:07:16 PDT 2001

If you are looking for an excellent utility like top to extract
statistics from the AIX kernel, then you may consider 'monitor' (a
derivative of top?).  Not only can the application run in daemon mode
and output to a flat text file, but it can also log to an rrd
database file.  I am very new to writing a script to transform this
data into a form useable by orca, but it looks very promising.

For more information visit: http://aixmonitor.sourceforge.net/

To find a copy you can download it from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/aixmonitor/monitor-3.1.tar.Z

or if you prefer the installp image from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/aixmonitor/freeware.monitor.bff.Z

In the interim I will be working on a perl script to properly format
this data, however the more experienced here may have more success.
Hopefully this will generate some traffic ...