[Orca-users] I want html_dir to NOT be the root of my html tree!

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at Tempe.ate.slb.com
Fri Oct 5 13:19:34 PDT 2001

Has anyone else tried to make $html_dir be something other than
the 'root' of the html tree as presented by your web server?

I.e.:

/var/apache/htdocs is where http://localhost finds files.

Now I want to put my orcallator files in

	/var/apache/htdocs/orcallator

however, the html that is generated assumes that THAT directory
is where http://localhost/ will look, so there is no 'orcallator'
between http://localhost/ and, e.g, o_gauge_le0NoCP_per_s-daily.html

And of course all references assume that $html_dir is the
ROOT of your html tree.  But I really don't want that.  I want
my orcallator files on level down.

I started to hack up orca to make it do that, and decided that
it would be quite a hack when I was done - and thought "Shoot,
I should see if anyone ELSE has read how to do this and I'm
just missing it".

Thus, this email.  (Besides,I'd really rather not have to make
THAT change to orca - I've done enough to it already to know its
not going to be a pretty sight ;-)

rc

Rusty E. Carruth       Email:     rcarruth at Tempe.tt.slb.com or rcarruth at slb.com
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE                   ___
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116   \e/
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825                V
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W  http://tuxedo.org/~esr/ecsl/index.html
"Why would anyone choose a tool that is the primary virus vector of the known universe?" - me