[Orca-users] Current Orca data files

dschmitz43 at yahoo.com dschmitz43 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 06:59:45 PDT 2001

I've recently installed Orca on our systems and am learning things as
I go, but I have two immediate needs I'd like to address and request
help on.  One I'll list here and save the other for a second e-mail.

We're not allowed to use NFS at our sight so every half hour I have
the data files rsync'd from the monitored systems.  That means the
current data file is replaced every half hour without Orca's
knowledge, which it complains about with a volume of e-mail.

I was wondering if this is something that can be alleviated (the
volumes of e-mail) by altering the "find_files" parameter in
orcallator.cfg to reflect the times that files are transferred.

And, in case it matters, I don't run Orca continuously.  5 minutes
after the files are updated cron runs "orca -o" with options.

Thanks for your help.