[Orca-users] Re: How many orca installations

simon.klyne at arcordia.com simon.klyne at arcordia.com
Tue Oct 30 06:30:03 PST 2001

You have understood it correctly.
To monitor a Solaris machine you need to run orcallator.se on that host,
which will require the SE toolkit.
To then display the stats etc you then need to make the 'percol' files
available to an instance or Orca, which can be on the same host as
orcallator or some other host.  The difficulty seems to be in finding some
acceptable (to IT policy more than technically) mechanism to transfer or
access the orcallator output over the network on the Orca host.

All this sounds to me as if unfortunately you won't be able to use
Orca/orcallator.
Although there has been some discussions recently (check the archives)
about employing SSH in the transfer of the orcalltor output to the Orca
host.  If you are allowed SSH for MRTG access then maybe that could be
acceptable

mfg

Simon

duclosd at post.ch on 30/10/2001 14:13:15