[Orca-users] RE: How many orca installations

Allen Eastwood mixal at swbell.net
Tue Oct 30 06:52:13 PST 2001

> The difficulty seems
> to be in finding some acceptable (to IT policy more than
> technically) mechanism to transfer or access the orcallator
> output over the network on the Orca host.

When we originally starting using orca, we just dropped a customized
copy of apache out on each monitored host.

Currently we use NFS to drop the HTML files to a central box running
apache.  The share is restricted to IP's within our internal network,
anon and nosuid.  Since this is also our jumpstart server, we figured
that the risk was acceptable, considering management needs to look at
the performance centrally.

Other ideas included using SSH (which we do use for DMZ hosts), but we
didn't want a single host with access to everything.   Or simply
creating a web page that linked to each host's orca page (which I didn't
think of at the time).

How are you folks out there doing this?

Thanks!

-A