[Orca-users] Orca execution management

marcus_ferreira marcus_ferreira at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 13:20:10 PDT 2002

Hi guys,

Sorry for my newbie condition but I have to ask.

I have installed orca in 2 of our servers and it is not clear to me
how I must manage orca execution.

I understand that there are 2 components: orcallator/SE and orca; but
in the S99orcallator startup script there is mention just to the
orcallator component. Being so, how I must start orca after a boot?

After installation, at step 11) , it is told to run "./bin/orca -v
lib/orcallator.cfg". Wouldn't it be necessary to add nohup to this
command line?

Finally, how could I make a file rotation to keep a history of each
monthly graph, for example ?

Thanks for you patience,

Marcus Vinicius Ferreira
Oracle DBA