[Orca-users] Re: Orca execution management

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri May 24 13:41:40 PDT 2002

marcus_ferreira wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Sorry for my newbie condition but I have to ask.
>
> I have installed orca in 2 of our servers and it is not clear to me
> how I must manage orca execution.
>
> I understand that there are 2 components: orcallator/SE and orca; but
> in the S99orcallator startup script there is mention just to the
> orcallator component. Being so, how I must start orca after a boot?

Probably the easiest way is to copy S99orcallator into S99orca and
modify it to start orca.  If you do this, please email the script
back to the list so we all can use it.

> After installation, at step 11) , it is told to run "./bin/orca -v
> lib/orcallator.cfg". Wouldn't it be necessary to add nohup to this
> command line?

Yes.  S99orcallator starts orcallator.se the same way.

> Finally, how could I make a file rotation to keep a history of each
> monthly graph, for example ?

Write a monthly crontab to simply copy the output HTML directory
generated by Orca.