[Orca-users] Re: graphs not updating (although the data is) on a sol 2.8 host

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue May 28 15:04:31 PDT 2002

orcausers wrote:
> The web graphs are being displayed - and the number of web servers is
> correct - as this is a test system and all the virtual hosts defined
> in the apache file write to their own CustomLog - I will assume there
> is no data to present for the other graphs - those are being changed
> to either eliminate them or TransferLog to access_log.

orcallator.se only reads from a single log file, so you won't be
able to monitor the different virtual hosts if they each write to
their own log file.

> I have a number of other servers I have to do and am trying to
> understand whether anything HAS to be done to get the web graphs
> other than the addition of WEB_SERVER, WATCH_WEB and WEB_LOG to the
> orcallator.se script and the yo yo of that on the server.

Nope, that should be it.

> do i have to yo yo the orca perl engine on my "repository" server
> when i add the above to any server?

If you want it to find the new source input files as soon as it can
get around them, then either bounce Orca or better yet send it a
SIGHUP.  This tells it to find all the input files on its next pass.

> do i have to wait for the midnight turnover to a new percol file for
> the graphs to be updated after this change? this will determine when
> i make the changes.

Not if you use SIGHUP.  Also, the find_times configuration parameter
tells Orca when to search for new files.